Who We Are:
We are an Adult Day Program with facilities in the Orange, Los Angeles County and the Inland Empire. We have been supporting individuals with developmental disabilities since 1998 and take great pride in the care and services we provide. We provide services to adults with developmental disabilities who wish to enhance their lives through vocational skills development and meaningful interactions with peers and members of the community. We expect those that join us to help us continue to make a difference in people’s lives.
We are currently looking to fill a Receptionist position in Pomona, CA.
- Convenient hours from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday
- Stable job and site-based work
- Mileage reimbursement
- 7 vacation days, 3 sick days, 8 paid holidays
- A comprehensive selection of health benefits, with company contribution
- Different tiers of dental and vision benefits to meet your needs, with company contribution
- Support of your professional goals by providing full training
- Student Book Reimbursement Program
- COVID-19 PPE provided (gloves, mask, face shield and hand sanitizer).
- Proper protocols in place to ensure staff and client safety during COVID-19.
What You’ll Do:
Provide administrative support to a department and/or Manager. Duties include general clerical, receptionist and project-based work. Project a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction.
- Answer telephones and transfer to appropriate staff member.
- Meet and greet clients and visitors.
- Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office.
- Maintain personnel files per standard and checklist.
- Assist in providing new hire paperwork and documentation as needed.
- Assist in onboarding new hire in the electronic filing system.
- Close out terminated files.
- Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to, photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Act as point of contact between program and vendors/IT for maintenance of phones, computers, printers and other equipment.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system.
- Sign for and distribute UPS/Fed Ex/Airborne packages.
- Inventory and purchasing for program related supplies/equipment.
- Coordinate and maintain records for staff office space, phones and office keys.
- Calendars administrative tasks including registration/insurance and other expirations, safety meetings, monthly drills, etc.
- Setup and coordinate meetings and conferences.
- Collect and maintain PC inventory.
- Helps coordinate and address maintenance requests.
- Support staff in assigned project-based work.
- Assist leadership with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Provide office orientation for new employees.
- Setup accommodation and entertainment arrangements for company visitors.
- Work directly with clients when a staff calls out, if needed.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
What We’re Looking For:
- Two (2) years of Office Administration or one (1) year experience with an Associate degree.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in MS Office program.
- Experienced entering data into computer systems.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and telephone protocol. Duties require professional verbal and written
communication skills and the ability to type 50 wpm. This is normally acquired through one to three years of clerical experience.
***Vocational Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vocational Innovations participates in the California Deparment of Education Child and Adult Nutrition program and does not discriminate in the provision of services and employment against any person because of race, color, national origin, gender, age or disability.
Department of Developmental Services